The Annual Conference is organised at state level and is a very time consuming event which provides a much needed exposure to marine activities on offer, current changes in knowledge and regulations, as well as resource networking amongst a large number of colleagues.
2018 MTANSW ANNUAL CONFERENCE
This year the annual conference will be held in Narooma on the 13th and 14th of April.
- Deep sea fishing instruction
- Scuba requalification dive
- Marine Rescue NSW, Narooma Assets and Training facility including assessment of 10.5m RHIB with advanced SAR equipment. Review of current MRNSW safety procedures and equipment utilization on a known ‘Dangerous Coast Zone’
- Grey Nurse protection, research and underwater photography by Dr Justin Gilligan
- Collegial Resource sharing, classroom techniques and formative assessment for Stages 5 and 6 Marine Syllabi
- Crustacean study including ‘catch techniques’. AFTA Fishing Program including technique training. activity for student learning
- Narooma and regional waterways study, including Oyster farming, Kelp harvesting and Fish catch and release aboard Wagonga Princess
- Montague Island study, including marine mammal investigation(seal dive) and Island habitats
- SUP or Surfing instruction for a student group. Risk Assessment and Safety Procedures