You and your students are invited to take part in the Marine Industry Careers Activity at the Sydney International Boat Show 2018 in Darling Harbour.
The Boating Industry Association and Marine Teachers’ Association have worked closely to devise an activity day that allows flexibility in when you visit, and which also engages the students and encourages them to look beyond the boats and think about the types of careers that are on display at the Boat Show.
In addition, your students can attend the Dive Expo for short, 15 minute info sessions on Scuba Diving, Water Photography/Videography, and Marine Wildlife, PLUS have the chance to enter an exclusive water-themed photo/video competition open only to Marine Studies students attending the Show — full details are attached.
How it works:
1. Complete the registration form and return by: email - firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 02 9439 3983 or post FAO Corrina McMillan, Boating Industry Association, PO Box 1204, Crows Nest NSW 1585. Please return no later than 27 July.
2. Submit students entries into the competition by 30 June 2018.
3. Sort your students into teams of 4 or 5.
4. When signing in on the day, each team will be given an activity sheet which they must complete during their time at the Show.
5. Once they have completed the activity sheets, collect them from your students. Once you have them all, hand them into the Education Stand (Marine Teachers’ Association).
Just a few notes:
Entrance to the Show is free, providing all completed activity sheets are handed into the Education Stand before you leave. However, your school will be charged the normal student entry fee of $11 per student if the activity sheets are spoiled, incomplete, blank, or if any are missing.
If you have any questions about the Careers Activity, please call (02) 9438 2077 or email me at
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Corrina McMillan, Education & Training Coordinator, Boating Industry Association
Marine Industry Careers at the Boat Show